Continuing the praise with Ann and the Gratitude Community …
I’ve been slacking on blog posting during the holidays… and apparently well into January… but happy to report that I have not stopped being grateful. :) Here are some little and not-so-little blessings of the last few weeks… and a promise from me to make more notes of what I am grateful for to share with you!
89) a white Christmas — flurries in Memphis, snow covering the ground in Nashville… that’s a white Christmas in the South!
90) the beauty of snow-glazed trees on the drive down I-40…
91) my little boy who is more excited to give than to receive gifts…
92) and who gets most excited about the presents that to us are materially small. The “big gift” in his eyes last year? A pear from Santa. The “big gifts” this year? That Santa remembered to bring a pear again… and a little Jelly Belly jelly bean machine.
93) spending time with extended family… some of whom I haven’t seen in a few years… at Christmas at my grandmother’s house.
94) The clean slate of a New Year…
95) Which also always reminds me of the blessing of parenting this miracle — for 5 years now. (His birthday is New Year’s Day)
96) Being invited to play along with all the new Legos and Lincoln Logs and fun new board games. I’ll take any day he wants to include me!
97) Watching all over again how much my little boy loves his Granny (my mom)
98) Clean water
99) Having access to whatever ingredients I need for cooking and baking… and being able to choose from a variety of foods to prepare (or, for that matter, never wondering if I am going to be able to eat on any given day)
100) The people who work on Christmas Day — doctors, EMTs and other medical personnel and gas station attendants come to mind…. passed a bad wreck on the interstate on Christmas Day and all I could think of was the family dealing with tragedy on that day… and the people who were there to help the day be a little better.
101) Watching the love between my little boy and our Oliver-kitty (so wish I had pictures of this one!)
102) The crunch of snow underfoot — twice in two weeks!
103) Watching Andrew and another little boy from our neighborhood play together in the snow… neighborhood friends are few and far between here.
104) My shower drain that finally drains water on its own (simple fix that took forever to figure out… but it makes the days start a little better around here!)
105) A impromptu story time at Chick Fil A (I offered to read a book to a little girl and attracted a crowd for a couple of minutes!)
106) The wonderful staff at our pediatrician’s office — I am glad we are not there often but also glad to be in such a caring environment when we are there!
107) Some peace on the decision to try out our local public school for kindergarten… or at least more peace than unrest at this point.
108) Avocados. :) (Yes, I’ve been on an avocado kick lately…)
109) Being able to see the floor in my closet.
110) Silence… the gift for right now… just me up, and no sound except the click of the keys on the keyboard… not even kitty snores, which are usually part of the background noise.
Hoping that all of my blog readers haven’t left during my long hiatus! I promise to get more on track with blogging.