This is so easy! My 4-year-old helped me mix up the mix and then I just had to measure some out and add in some tomato paste, water, and fresh garlic!
Spaghetti Sauce Mix
Mix the following together and keep in an airtight container for up to 1 year:
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup dried minced onion
- 1-2 tablespoons red pepper flakes (the original recipe called for sweet pepper flakes which I couldn’t find. I substituted 2 TBSP red pepper which made an almost too spicy sauce).
- 1/4 cup dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
When ready to make sauce, combine the following:
- 1/4 cup Spaghetti Sauce Mix
- 2 cups water
- 1 6-oz can tomato paste
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned (optional, I just made vegetarian)
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic
Heat to boiling and boil while stirring for 2 minutes. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 20-30 minutes. Makes about 3 cups of sauce per 1/4 cup of Spaghetti Mix.