Some things from the past week I am grateful for… going with the alphabet theme for fun!
- Aldi — Aldi is in the running for my favorite grocery store ever, though if I ever move back to Nashville, Publix may take over that spot (I see so many getting amazing deals there!). I was so excited this week to have a menu plan and grocery list ready for grocery shopping first thing Monday morning. I herded Andrew in the car, raced to Aldi… and realized that I had forgotten to get a quarter for a shopping cart *and* forgot to bring my own bags. I emptied one reusable bag I had in the car and located one of the millions of plastic Kroger bags that multiply in my home (and car too, apparently). I then faced the dilemma of paring down my shopping list to what I could get while holding a preschooler with one hand and a bag in the other. But… salvation! An Aldi’s newbie was struggling with the shopping carts (thinking, “Why won’t these $%*! carts pull apart?” I am sure!). I stopped to explain the Aldi’s quarter rule… and spied a cart with a quarter inside! After Ms. Newbie assured me she had a quarter for her own cart, I gleefully got a basket, let the preschooler ride, and finished my shopping. Yay!!! Of course, I left the quarter for the next frantic mommy.
- Bloggers — I am so glad I have been able to participate in this blog challenge. I’m loving reading your blogs and have definitely found a few new blogs to read. I love the variety of blog posts from the same letter of the alphabet — we have many creative people participating in this challenge!
- Cadbury Creme Eggs (okay, Candy in general) — Yum. Best eaten chilled from the refrigerator. Chocolate rocks. At least until swimsuit season.
- Dandelions – my 4 year old is on a mission to save dandelions from being run over by the big bad lawnmower. To him, every yellow flower is a dandelion. They must either be picked and saved, picked and brought to Mom, or blown when they are white to make MORE dandelions. I don’t see dandelions as a weed, so I am completely on board with this!
- Easter and Eggplant — what more can I say about Easter than I’ve already said? I can’t overestimate my gratitude for the meaning of Easter, God, and the church congregations I am blessed to worship with. As for the eggplant, this was supper last night. It was great.
- Friends and Followers — I’m massively grateful for my friends IRL. I spent yesterday experiencing the privilege of being listened to… and heard… and getting some good tips for time management too. And I am grateful for all of you who are reading and commenting on my blog. I can’t say that I have followers per se since I can’t figure out how to add an easy way to subscribe to this blog. (Fellow WordPress.com bloggers, any help?)
- Green — Spring is exploding around me — trees are budding and greening, grass is growing, flowers are emerging — I love it!
What are you grateful for from the past week?