I didn’t even post this last week… and have spent too much of the past week struggling to be grateful. I was glad to see that I had a draft of what I meant to post last week… it helped remind me of nice moments. That is one of the many reasons I am glad I am doing this.
Continuing with the list of things I am grateful for… with Ann and the gratitude community…
36) My imaginative little boy who makes robots out of grocery store boxes
37) Shopping sprees to buy Christmas gifts for others
38) Wind-blown leaves
39) Multi-generational cooking over Thanskgiving weekend
40) The cousins we live close enough to for my little boy to see them semi-regularly…
41)… and the ones that live far away that we still keep up a good connection with
42) Christmas music
43) the way a Christmas tree makes a room cozier just by turning on the lights (even if it is hard to capture on the camera)
44) family movie nights snuggled under blankets eating popcorn
45) being able to go to the symphony’s holiday concert…
46)… and watch my little boy be enthralled once more by music. He loved it… even though it was a long and late night for him.
47) Christmas ornaments that remind me of how far we’ve come…
48)… and of old friends…
49) or that are from times I can barely remember… because my mom cared enough to save them for me (I made this one when I was my son’s age)
50) Watching my son put them on the tree… even when they are clumped together in typical preschool fashion (and even with a lump in my throat realizing how much taller he is from *last* Christmas)
51) And realizing that he already knows that Christmas is about more than getting new toys…
52) The silence of being up at night after everyone else is sleeping.
53) Snow flurries
54) Listening to kids at church practicing a song they will be singing in a few weeks
55) An internet connection… because otherwise how would I be writing this blog? (And for many, many other reasons)